Friday, July 16, 2010

Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel

My wife called a bit ago and said she was outside the store, and she asked if I'd come out to get a special treat. What could that be? Did she get me a coffee from The Bikery (nice local bakery, caffe and bicycle shop - I recommend it), or perhaps ice cream in some form or other? No, none of these.

She had made brown scapular brownies to commemorate the Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel! How clever! She dropped off a few at the store, but was on her way to the Carmelite monastery to give a bunch to the cloistered sisters. Is that a Catholic nerd thing to do or what? For our non-Catholic patrons out there: I am sorry if this seems incomprehensible. For a detailed article on what the scapular is, see here.
Share |

2 comments:

  1. great idea! I would love to do the same for our Carmelite Monastery next year! Your wife is an incredible person!

    ReplyDelete